Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gathered Clutch

I saw this awesome tutorial when it first came out over a year ago. I have always wanted to make it, but never had a reason to. Until now.

For the last 5 years we have had the best babysitter. She loves our kids, they lover her, she has been dependable, makes some killer mac and cheese, and we really just love her to pieces. She recently turned 18, graduated from high school, and is now moving with her family across the country before going away to college (also across the country). I knew this would be the perfect birthday/graduation/going away/thank you gift for her.



This was so easy to sew up! I cut the pieces one night and sewed it together the next. It only took me a couple of hours total (once I had the fabric picked out-the hardest part for me).



I opted to add the card pockets (the flowered fabric) and the divider (the striped fabric).

We filled it with a gift card and a few other goodies. I know she is going to love it!

2 comments:

kimmers said...

This is so CUTE!! Love it.

Unknown said...

So adorable!