Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quilted cards

A few weeks ago Wes had his last physical therapy appointment. He has been seeing these PTs for almost 4 years now, so I wanted to give them a little gift to say "thanks". I thought and thought and had a hard time coming up with something. Then I remembered this tutorial.

I didn't come up with the idea until the night before the appointment, so I hurried and threw them together in the hour before we had to leave for the appointment. Luckily I bought some cards at JoAnns a couple of months ago when they were dirt cheap. It only took me an hour to find the fabric, cut everything, and sew twelve cards. I thought that was pretty good time.

Wes's therapist loved them. (I gave a set of 6 cards, three of each design, to two different therapists, but only one of them was at the office. I'm hoping the other therapist liked them, too.) I think they turned out pretty well. Want to see them?






What do you think? I especially love the orange one.

Thanks again, Dana, for another great tutorial.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I have been meaning to make these forever! You know that if/when we move by you that I will be there like every other weekend to sew all our projects together! Or maybe not EVERY other weekend. But hopefully a lot! And they did turn out awesome! :)